Sales Tax - Exempt Customers:
Small Pet Select will honor tax exempt purchases made by non-profit organizations, government organizations, and other similar organizations with valid proof of tax exempt status. Tax exempt purchases can only be made when paid for directly with funds from the organization. All personal purchases are required to be made using a separate Small Pet Select.com account and e-mail address.
To create a Small Pet Select.com tax-exempt account:
- Create a Small Pet Select.com account
- Email the following to Customersupport@Small Pet Select.com
- Company/Organization Name
- Name of primary purchaser
- Address (including city, state, and zip)
- Small Pet Select.com email address (used to create your Small Pet Select.com account)
- Organization type (non-profit, government, etc.)
- Exemption certificate or other proof of exempt status (in most cases a form 501 (C)(3) is not valid documentation to support a state sales tax exemption)
You will be notified via email once your exemption request has been approved. This may take up to 2-3 business days to process. Setting up your tax-exempt account prior to making your first order will ensure no tax is charged on the order.
Auto-Ship & Save Subscription
If you place your order prior to receiving your approval email or a first time Auto-Ship & Save order, tax will be charged and you will be required to request a refund (30 day window). To receive reimbursement, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The online order number, AND
- Sales tax exemption documentation (i.e., exemption certificate, resale certificate, etc.)
Please allow up to 10 days to process your sales tax refund. At this time, your tax-exempt status will only be automatically applied to purchases made for one-time orders or that specific Auto-ship & Save subscription.
New Auto-Ship & Save orders will require you to contact us to mark those as tax-exempt.